Monday, October 19, 2015

Recipe: Parmesan-Crusted Chicken

 photo recipe_zpsfnfkgqw0.jpg

I recently cooked Parmesan-crusted chicken for my family, making it not only the usual way, but also a gluten free version for my son. I shared step by step over on our snapchat account (follow us at sistersmarie!) but here is the official recipe. I bought a meal kit from Barilla in my most recent peapod order, so I used their recipe and made up my own for the gf portion. Here is what you'll need...

Ingredients: 

1 box Barilla Spaghetti (and/or 1 box quinoa spaghetti)
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (and/or 3/4 cup gf breadcrumbs)
1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour (and/or 3/4 cup gf flour of choice)
6 chicken breast
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 jar Barilla Marinara Sauce (2 jars if you are making both like I did)

 photo IMG_5530_zpsbr8safo1.jpg

Directions:

1) Cook the entire box of spaghetti according to package directions. 

2) Combine panko breadcrumbs and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Beat eggs in a second dish or pie plate. Place the flour in a zipper closure plastic bag. Add chicken pieces, seal bag and shake to coat. Open bag and shake to remove excess flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture, shaking to remove any excess egg and coat in the Parmesan mixture; set aside. 

 photo IMG_5531_zpswqqnkqrg.jpg

3) Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When oil is hot, add half the chicken pieces and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and chicken. Remove any excess oil from the skillet and use skillet to heat the marinara sauce. 

4) Toss the spaghetti with the heated sauce. Divide pasta evenly onto plates and top with chicken. Sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note: Season to taste with salt and pepper. 

 photo IMG_5533_zpsrt3yvzne.jpg  photo IMG_5534_zpsjkduqson.jpg

Here is a look at the finished product:
 photo IMG_5539_zpszqlos9cg.jpg

Both my children and my husband were loving this recipe. I was pretty impressed with how great (and yummy) both versions turned out! 

Is this an recipe you'd like to try? What is your favorite pasta recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment