Friday, January 29, 2016

Recipe: Toast with Hummus & Avocado

 photo avocado_zpsxlsqm8jw.jpg

Lately I've been eating this super easy dish a lot! You only need four ingredients and I find that it is great for lunch or even a post workout snack. I mean, who am I to say when you can eat it? I bet it would make a darn yummy breakfast too! 

Ingredients: 
2 slices of whole grain wheat toast
1 organic avocado
roasted red pepper hummus (or hummus flavor of choice) 
4 or so mint leaves, chopped 

 photo IMG_7862_zpscymiu7y7.jpg

Directions: 
Toast your bread slices. Chop mint leaves and pit avocado then slice long ways. Spread a thick layer of hummus on toast then top with avocado slices and sprinkle with mint leaf. That is it! 

 photo 20160121_140844_zpsepjma9qq.jpg

Have you ever tried this avocado toast combo? What is your favorite avocado toast recipe?