Monday, July 25, 2016

Lady in Red


A fashion motto for life: When you find something you love, buy it in 7 colors. For serious, though...it is very rare to stumble upon something you want to live in day and night. Something that feels like it was made for you and gives you confidence to rule the world. Alright, this might be a little dramatic but the second I put on this romper, I not only felt very comfortable but confident, two things every outfit should provide. It's a simple red, cotton romper with a slight scalloped hem. On the rack, nothing outstanding. On the body, the ultimate Summer basic, begging to be dressed up or down...or in my case, a little bit of both. A floppy hat (gifted to me from Lisa days after my dog bite for ultimate sun protection) was the perfect way to take it up a notch on the chic scale.

P.S. When I wear a hat this large, all I can think of is the FRIENDS episode ("the one with the jellyfish") where they're getting ready to head out of town and Rachel shows up in this. Amazing and ridiculous all at once. By the way, I feel like guys are totally dumbfounded by styles like this which is why I rarely wear this around my husband...it's a "ladies' weekend" style, for sure. You guys feel me?






Wearing:

Romper: Urban Outfitters (similar)
Straw Hat: Target
Bag: c/o E Street Denim (similar for 50% off!)
Shoes: c/o Sole Society
Sunnies: Zero UV (similar)
Lipstick: Glominerals "Crimson"

No comments:

Post a Comment