Friday, July 8, 2016

Recipe: Coconut Mojito

The only thing better then a great party is a great party with a signature drink!  This past weekend at our family party I wanted to make something special for everyone. I was racking my brain trying to come up with something new that we haven't done in year's past and as I was flipping through last week's US Weekly, I saw the words "Coconut Mojito". 

They did have a recipe, but as I tried to recreate, I didn't love it. I changed around the brands and the amounts of quite a few ingredients and suddenly a new love was born! I give you, coconut mojitos...


Ingredients

-Fresh Mint Leaves
-Organic Limes
-Brown Sugar
-White Rum
-Malibu Coconut Rum
-Cream of Coconut
-Club Soda


Directions: 

In the bottom of your glass (or mason jar!), muddle 6 fresh mind leaves, 3 lime wedges, and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Add 2 ounces white rum, 1 ounce Malibu coconut rum, and 2 tablespoons cream of coconut. Top with club soda and ice. Cover and shake. 


I made 10 single glasses and then the pitcher shown above. For the pitcher, I simply multiplied the recipe by 8. These were a bit hit! I'm so glad I tried something new and I can't wait to make these again. My only issue was that the cream of coconut coagulated a bit. Next time, I may sub that ingredient out for another coconut-flavored item. Any suggestions?


What is your favorite drink to make for large parties? 
Please share recipes below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment