Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pre-Thanksgiving Peplum


You guys! Tomorrow we are hosting our 4th Thanksgiving at our house which is crazy to me...what's even more crazy is the fact that we will be literally be working until the last minute to finish the basement...like, I'm not far from a full-fledged panic attack. Let met just rant here for a second: I have mentioned before that we had a very small leak in the basement wall last year, causing us to pull up a few of the (beautiful) laminate boards to fix it. Well, one thing led to another...aka we made a few mistakes and the previous floor in our house had been discontinued, meaning we're back at square one. So here we are, a year later with a brand new floor that my husband put in himself and I''m being honest when I say...wow. It looks amazing. 

When we moved in, one of the best parts about our house was that it was newly updated (and they made some fantastic choices) so it didn't need much work, especially in the finished basement, complete with a built-in bar and a very unique set of stairs...we loved it. But you don't know how much improvement can be made until you're actually forced to do it. We went from a brown laminate to all gray and it looks so beautiful. I can't wait to share it with you guys! Now, to get to work because there is unbelievable amount of things to do before that turkey is served and we can officially say Grace...Everybody works better under pressure, right? :)



In style news, this sheer peplum has been one of my favorites this season, along with these olive skinnies from Old Navy. Because I'm so obsessed with these colors this year, I figured it was only natural to pair them together and they actually work perfectly, especially for Thanksgiving. This top leaves a lot of room for a food baby so I might just have to consider that...




Have a happy & safe Thanksgiving! 

We are grateful for all of you who stop by to catch up with us on the blog!

Wearing: 

Top: Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Pants: Old Navy (similar)
Booties: Just Fab
Bag: Sole Society (similar)
Earrings: LOFT


No comments:

Post a Comment