Monday, November 28, 2016

The Tencel Tunic


What a whirlwind. This long holiday weekend, that is. Leading up to Thanksgiving, we all had that feeling of, "I can't believe it's here again...it feels like we were just going for ice cream in our shorts."  But then, without our opinion or consent, it's here and gone again, giving us almost no time to truly reflect on all the work that goes INTO it...so that's what I'm doing now. 

Thinking about all the little details that make the holiday so memorable: Shopping for flowers the day before at Trader Joes and trading prep stories with other customers. Taking my time to set the table so it feels warm and inviting for the Family. Cleaning every inch of the house. Making my favorite spiked cranberry punch (seriously, this is THE party drink). Preparing all the food and watching it disappear so quickly. Quickly, that seems to be the theme of all holidays we look forward to but what a wonderful one it was.


Despite how busy I was, I still managed to eat my weight in stuffing, desserts and pizza this weekend. Not to mention, the 3 different birthday cakes that preceded a few days before. Everyone keeps saying, "It's only your birthday once a year" and "Well, it's Thanksgiving, so"... but this is just the beginning, guys. 

There's 5 more weeks of sweet tooth indulgences and sugar overkills so with that in mind, I, 1) plan to ramp up my work outs and 2) have been living in cozy, loose sweaters and tunics that leave more room for belly goodies. I am not lying when I say this J. Jill tunic is my new absolute favorite piece of clothing. I actually try to figure out who of my Family and friends has seen me in it lately to determine if I can get away with wearing it yet AGAIN in the same week. It's from their Tencel collection which I learned is basically a cotton alternative made from natural fibers and it's absolutely amazing. I HIGHLY recommend trying this piece first because it looks good with sweat pants OR dressed up with nice pants AND it's on sale. 








Time to purchase a tencel tunic for putting up that tinsel! ;)

Wearing:

Top: c/o J. Jill
Pants: Old Navy (similar)
Boots: Sperry (very similar)
Jacket: Target (similar)
Bag: Old Navy (similar)
Sunnies: LOFT
Hat: Old (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment