Monday, November 7, 2016

The Return of Corduroy


I loved Corduroy as a little girl. The texture, sure, but my mind automatically wanders to the book and the equally classic sequel, a Pocket for Corduroy. I remember reading it over and over with my Mom and loving the feeling of familiarity it gave me. It's one of those childhood memories that sticks with me and came back in a flash when I put on these ultra-soft corduroy pants. Much like the book, I haven't worn corduroy in years which I quickly discovered is a mistake because these are the softest things I have ever pulled on. That's right, pull...these babies go on like leggings but wear like nice pants, and did I mention they have pockets? I love it when comfort and functionality meet. 



When it came to styling these, I had no doubts about what to pair them with. I have been loving the return of matching sets which I first noticed this Summer and has continued well into the Fall with another luxurious trend, velvet pantsuits. My plaid sweater and corduroy leggings may not have been sold as a set but I was excited to create my own and mix rich, complimentary textures. And obviously I couldn't stop there...the matching booties just HAD to be included :) 





Wearing:

Jacket: Sheinside (similar)
Top: c/o J. Jill
Leggings: c/o Style & Co
Booties: Sole Society (similar)
Necklace: T+J Designs (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment