Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Mad Hatter


Happy November! Can you guys believe how fast time is flying? I was talking with my husband the other day and we agreed, it feels like we just had 4th of July...but yesterday, we're handing out candy at the door and today I'm taking down my burlap "trick or treat" banner to make room for our harvest fireplace decor. Not to mention, November 1st is when I usually allow myself to start to working in some Christmas music (sorry not sorry), so as usual, it seems like everything is blending together. P.S. I also turn the big 3-0 in a few weeks which is kind of crazy to me, but that's another post for another large glass of wine...

The calendar may be flipping quickly but I am truly enjoying the Summer/Fall temps we're having, so I'm trying not to lose sight of this current state of bliss. I am loving dressing for this weather...the days of boots and dresses are few and far between so I'm taking advantage. My closet is currently overflowing with maroon/oxblood tones and this dress is one of the most versatile options. Until the cold requires me to layer a blazer or jacket on top, I'm choosing to layer underneath with a short-sleeve ribbed turtleneck that almost feels like it was made to be a part of this look. And, I just love that tiny peek of thigh when you pair OTK boots with a dress..."it's the perfect combination of sexy and cute" -- Any fellow CSL fans? Or let's just be real, we're really just Gosling fans... 




SHOP THE LOOK:


P.S. I feel like this look would be perfect for Thanksgiving except there's a few problems with that...A) It will most likely be 30 degrees or more cooler and B) This layering situation leaves no room for my Turkey food baby which I am looking so forward to. So, sweatpants it is?




Wearing: 

Top: c/o Style & Co
Dress: Target (similar)
Boots: c/o J. Jill 
Bag: c/o J. Jill (sold out -- similar here for UNDER $30!)
Sunnies: H&M
Earrings: LOFT (old but similar style here)

No comments:

Post a Comment