Friday, March 24, 2017

Home Decor: Bedroom Update

It has been eight months since I moved, and it's finally time to start finishing some of the rooms in our home. Since we purchased new construction, there was a good amount of settling over the winter and the majority of the house needs to be re-caulked prior to us painting. So, we decided to do a mini face lift and add some new lighting in the master bedroom. We have very large bed posts, so there is no room for a ceiling fan, plus I've always wanted a chandelier in my room so now seemed like as good of a time as any! Here is what the room looked like before:

 photo home-3_zpshnmpmyeu.jpg

I found this chandelier on Amazon and it was super discounted with not so great reviews. Mostly because you have to attach most of the mini (fake) crystals, but I totally loved the design so I went ahead and bought it anyway. I am so glad I did! It took a good amount of work to get it ready for my dad to install, but in the end it was well worth the many hours I put into adding each crystal and bending the medal to keep them in place.  

 photo home_zps0u7t7dd1.jpg  photo home-2_zps5e6e8goa.jpg  photo home-4_zpskngso3bu.jpg  photo home-7_zpsm7lej7ep.jpg


SHOP CHANDELIERS:


I've also always really loved the idea of having candelabras hanging on the wall on either sides of the bed. I found these shabby chic ones at a resale shop, and also picked up mini LED candles that flicker. I wanted the beautiful vintage look of burning candles without the possible house fire. ;) In the end I can proudly say, I am loving the new additions! 

 photo home-5_zpsdxeeejnb.jpg  photo home-6_zpsz83vhscg.jpg

SHOP WALL CANDELABRAS:


Next up, we will be painting, getting a new bedspread, and also adding some drapes. My bedroom is currently a little too white for my husband's taste. I look very forward to finding some artwork for over the bed as well! So many ideas, but on a budget makes for small changes over time. 

How do you update your master bedroom? 
What do you think of my new room additions? 


1 comment: