Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Why Babies + Coffee Shops are a Great Mix


While on maternity leave, one of my favorite things to do with the little man has been visiting different coffee shops. True, I always enjoy making a java run (with OR without him) but as he's gotten older and we've established some semblance of a routine, it's been a nice way to break up our day and get him to (hopefully) nap at the same time. He loves the stroller and really responds well walks so if we're not walking around our neighborhood or the park nearby, a coffee stop is our other plan. That way, not only do I get some "Mommy fuel"... CAN I GET AN AMEN?

...but we also get out of the house and he tends to doze off while I sip. If I want to meet up with a girlfriend or a Family member during the day, I find that a coffee date is easier to plan - It's really hard to schedule anything at a certain time with an infant (like a lunch or dinner) because there are so many variables but because coffee is acceptable at all times of the day so with that in mind, you can always re-schedule for an afternoon date if your morning was a wash. Plus, coffee outings tend to be shorter, giving you a little more wiggle room if your baby tends to get fussy when you're out...this way, you're not committed to waiting for a meal. 

I'm just saying...I think babies + coffee are great in more ways than 1 :)


My mom joined us when we visited a coffee cafe nearby recently and it was such a nice afternoon. It's a tiny, locally owned shop with homemade muffins (baked fresh each day!) and an adorable menu with seasonal options. I love how different the muffin combinations are - zucchini and pineapple + peanut butter and coffee are two of my faves. The owner is so sweet and such a hard worker...She gets in a 3am every day to bake a fresh batch of muffins and believe me, they go quick! 

She explained to us that the shop is her entire life and it can be really tiring but she loves blending different flavors in her baking and coffee and seeing people respond to them is the best part. She learned different techniques from her Mom when they lived in Greece during her childhood and you can tell that this passion has lived within her since. It's stories like these that make local coffee shops (and any small shop, really) so unique and special. This is another one of the best coffee shops in the area -- You must visit! Their Fall menu is to die for. And if you're looking to try out any more, I shared some more of my favorites here






By the way, these Cabi loafers are my new go-to for Fall! Floral & suede = the cutest combo! 
Expect to see a lot more of them on the blog in the coming weeks...

Have a great Tuesday!

Wearing:

Top: Urban Outfitters (old, similar)
Skirt: Old navy (old, similar)
Shoes: c/o Cabi Clothing 
Necklaces: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Purse: Forever 21
Sunnies: H&M


No comments:

Post a Comment