Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Coziest Cardigan for Fall


No, your eyes are not deceiving you...I AM standing here in a thick, cozy cardigan while it's most likely 80 something degrees outside right now. For a brief moment, it was cool enough outside for starting the fireplace inside (hence this outfit) but now, we are being blessed with a second chance at Summer. While most of us had already moved on to the excitement of Fall, let's just remember how thankful we'll be for this in a few months when we're cursing our frost bitten car windows for making us late for work in the morning. 

It's certainly hard to dress for this "in between" weather because the mornings are still a little nippy but then you're sweating by happy hour so layers are key and this is a great time to style your favorite Summer dresses with a few Fall-like pieces such as a cozy cardigan, a blazer or neutral booties. That way you're playing to both seasons and enjoying the best of both worlds...especially if you're drinking a Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin cold brew while doing so. Guys, I went to the drive-thru almost immediately after seeing a commercial for the new drink and it's REALLY good. It's certainly the way to a Fall-loving, iced coffee year round kind of gal's heart. Pair that with the chocolate chip pumpkin loaf I picked up at our Farmers Market last weekend and we've got the perfect recipe for my husband to start hating me extra early... once a pumpkin hater, always a pumpkin hater.


Even though we're in sundresses and shorts right now, I still want to pay homage to this amazing cardigan which made multiple appearances the first week I had it and we're just getting started. This maroon shade is typically my go-to for Fall pieces and I am sucker for the marled texture. Not to mention, it's long in length (so important to me!) and has POCKETS. Do you guys agree that pockets automatically increase the cool points of any clothing item? Seriously, I had them in a bridesmaid dress I wore recently and I thought it was genius 💓

But back to cardigan chat, it's just another J. Jill piece that has become a part of my everyday style. I have to say, it's not one of those brands that I would normally gravitate to just by walking past a store window but after working with them for a few years now, I can officially say some of my all-time favorite pieces are from them and not to mention, the ones I get the most compliments on. Their brand isn't meant to be flashy -- The pieces are classic and extremely well-made, giving them staying power to be a part of your closet for many years to come. Sometimes it just takes a bit of your own personal style to see something in a new light.







Wearing:

Cardigan: c/o J. Jill
Jeans: c/o Blank NYC via Fitcode
Bag: Target (similar)
Booties: Toms
Necklace: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Hat: Target (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment