Thursday, August 6, 2015

Rocked it & Swapped it

A jersey midi skirt is one of those items that you can pair with almost anything in a matter of seconds to make a cute outfit. I found this one from Lisa in my most recent swap bag and have worn it at least four times in a span of a few weeks...


I really like how Lisa paired it with booties in the Spring, very seasonally appropriate. My styling of the piece is a little unique...not only am I wearing a dress under the skirt (which is a first for me) but this dress has special meaning, as it was sent to Lisa and I from one of our favorite bloggers, Megan. Sadly, the dress is too short on me to wear as is but works perfectly as a top...I love the gold buttons and corset style.


Unfortunately, we don't live in the same state as Megan so we haven't had the chance to meet in person (yet!) but our mutual style crushes have been developing for a few years now (seriously, her fashion sense is adorable!) She recently let us know she cleaned out her closet and would love to send us a few of her items that she thought we would enjoy...this was such a sweet gesture and we were delighted to find some true gems. 

This was our favorite part about BISTM...someone else's "trash" is truly someone else's treasure and swapping clothes with your sister 20 minutes away or a friend thousands of miles away always makes you feel like you have something new in your closet :)

Search #RockandSwap on IG to see more posts like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment