Friday, December 18, 2015

Wrapped in Plaid


 Unlike previous years, I didn’t do much Black Friday shopping (or Cyber Monday, for that matter) this year. While I absolutely love browsing the deals from my couch (or desk at work) with a coffee in hand, I just didn’t feel compelled to push the “complete order” button on many of my online carts…with the exception of one amazing item: This plaid coat

I definitely have enough coats to get me through the winter but I reasoned with myself that I don’t have a long one like this that can be dressed up OR down…yes, us women tell ourselves anything to justify a purchase. I spotted it at Forever 21 (Yes! Forever...and the quality is awesome) a few months ago and added it to my Christmas list but couldn’t wait any longer…I mean, by the end of December, I would have missed so many coat-wearing opportunities….or so you would think. Chicago – What’s up with the arrival of Spring? NEVER thought I’d say the following words but I kind of miss the white stuff. After all, nobody sings about a green Christmas...





I also love  these boots but have only worn them a handful of times because they're not the most practical...that's also why they're so much fun, though ;) I had a blogger twinning moment when Zahra and I both showed up in them to our holiday shoot last year...I actually have her to thank because I first saw them on her IG and knew they needed a permanent space in my closet ;)





Did you do any deal shopping this season? What were your favorite finds?

Wearing:

Coat: Forever 21 (On sale!)
Sweater: H&M (old but this is very similar)
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Gilt last year (similar)
Bag: Just Fab (similar)
Necklace: T+J Designs
Lipstick: Glominerals (color is "crush")



No comments:

Post a Comment