Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Tale of a Dress That Won't Go Out of Style

 photo IMG_3099_zpsv77nwd0z.jpg  photo IMG_3084_zpsc91eaqvt.jpg  photo IMG_3081_zpsm3rbmi30.jpg  photo IMG_3098_zpscizxzf5t.jpg

I love this dress! The lace, the way the flowers on the print gradually gather at the bottom, the silk-like material, and the fit and flare...it's all perfect in my book. What would you say if I told you I purchased it over five years ago? Yeah, this dress literally will not go out of style. And Modcloth agrees as they still sell it to this day! 

When I wore it the first time (back in 2011), I remember thinking it was the perfect fit and I hope I have it for years to come. Thankfully, I have taken really good care of it and we are still going strong with no signs of our last wear in site. I wish I could say that about all my clothes. ;)

 photo IMG_3086_zpsbjdk8ay9.jpg  photo IMG_3100_zps7zldpqpo.jpg  photo IMG_3085_zpshisc13dk.jpg  photo IMG_3083_zpsilidebjl.jpg
Dress: Modcloth // Shoes & Bag: c/o Sole Society // Jacket: Pepe Jeans (similar) //  Sunglasses: Ray-ban // Fitbit // Watch: Fossil

Do you have dresses that are over five years old and still in style? How many years do you generally get out of clothing? I think my average is about three years for most clothing, especially if I wear and wash it often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment