Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Everything is Coming Up Roses


I swear, the sun comes out for 5 minutes during a Midwest February and everyone loses their mind. Me included, since this particular day was still pretty chilly but I couldn't wait a second longer to have bare legs, if only for a few moments. I grabbed my husband for a quick stroll in our downtown while might I add, happily bouncing along in my carnation printed shoes. I'm a true sneaker fan at heart anyway but I specifically love these because I don't own anything else like them and they're such a fun, Spring style. Not to mention, by pairing them with this rose embroidered utility jacket, I feel like I was sending a subtle message to my husband about Valentine's Day. If we're being honest, I'm more of a peony gal but I promise not to be picky ;)

'
In addition to sneakers, you guys know where I stand on stripes (or if you don't, you can find a little background info here, here and here). Hint, we're in love. In fact, I've actually worn a very similar outfit before which is perfect proof that I can't stay away from the stripes & army green combination. This dress is going to be on heavy rotation for Spring because while it's long sleeves, it's not too heavy and it has a pocket, so need I say more? Plus, I think there's some room for baby to grow so I hope to get a lot of use out of it! 




SHOP THE LOOK:






Wearing:

Dress: c/o J. Jill
Jacket: c/o Style & Co
Shoes: Superga c/o J. Jill
Purse: Sole Society (similar)
Sunnies: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment