Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Stripes, Sunnies and a Baby Bump Update


Another day, another striped shirt. I love all color combinations but the classic black and white duo is fool proof and almost always makes you look effortlessly put together. It was love at first sight with this cowl neck, off the shoulder style from one of my favorite maternity sources. It's so soft which makes my baby bump happy and yet on trend with this season's Spring looks so I couldn't resist. 


I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful, complication-free pregnancy so far (knock on wood!). Some of you future/current Mom's may hate me for saying this but I didn't experience any morning sickness and most "typical symptoms" have been relatively unnoticeable (except for that nasty metal taste in my mouth early on...really annoying yet SO minor). The ease of things really surprised me because anyone who knows me well has witnessed the results of my super sensitive stomach -- For as long as I can remember, I just figured it was a normal to a have a stomach ache after eating but eventually, I started to take better notice of what foods affected me poorly and have done a good job eliminating (or at least cutting back) on those items. That said, I just assumed I'd make good friends with porcelain throne over the 9 months but I have been very blessed and instead, am spending most of my time adjusting to belly bands and not having any bra's that fit! ;)

In other baby news, we have slowly begun registering and I mean SLOWLY because honestly, I find the process to be slightly overwhelming and I plan on adding a few things each day to make it easier on ourselves. On one hand, I'm super excited to pick out all our little peanut's accessories (including nursery decor!) but there are so many versions of everything so it takes a lot of time to read the reviews, compare safety ratings, etc. It's nice to have options but I almost think it would have been easier 20-30 years ago when everyone just purchased the same stroller because it was the only one on the market. These days, there's so much pressure to make sure you're picking the best of the best when it comes to your children which don't get me wrong, I understand -- but in reality, we would get by just fine without having access to 30 stroller options. Everything in our lives is given in excess from TV channels to grocery stores to social media apps. I take advantage of a lot of this freedom but I also find myself longing for simplicity sometimes and there are things we can do on our own to take shelter from the noise. I read a quote the other day that really resonated with me:

"We know the world only through the window of our mind. When our mind is noisy, the world is as well. And when our mind is peaceful, the world is, too. Knowing our minds is just as important as trying to change the world." -- Haemin Sunim

 P.S. Stay tuned for an informational registry post coming soon! I'll be sharing some of the resources I found helpful and priority items on my list.


SHOP THE LOOK:






 
Fellow Mama's to be...Let's chat! How is your pregnancy treating you?
What is your favorite/least-favorite part so far?

Wearing:

Top: Destination Maternity (similar non-maternity)
Jacket: J. Crew
Jeans: H&M Maternity 
Shoes: c/o J. Jill (very similar under $35)
Hat: Sole Society (similar)
Sunnies: Sole Society
Necklace & Earrings: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Purse: T+J Designs
Lipstick: GloMinerals - Crimson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment