Monday, May 15, 2017

Everyday Maternity Style | Old Navy Dress


I will not lie - By the time I snapped these photos over the weekend, I was burnt out. I went to work on Friday followed by a wedding that night where I danced in heels until the last song, got up early for the Farmers Market the next morning and then headed home to quickly change into a  nicer outfit for our Mothers Day lunch outing and after THAT, shot 3 different outfit posts for a fun upcoming collaboration (changing in a relative's garage in between one of them, I might add). I consider myself a do it all, no sitting down, admittedly FOMO diagnosed kind of gal but as I start making my way through my last trimester, I think I need to slow it down a little bit. This weekend was nonstop and while I enjoyed all of our activities, I crashed fairly hard for a few hours on Sunday, realizing how much my body needed a break. Even though it was beautiful out, I forced myself to lay on the couch in the AC and actually fell asleep for a few minutes. I never take naps but our crazy schedule had finally caught up with me, giving me little choice.

Needless to say, these aren't photos of me reinventing the style wheel in any way but rather, some simple ones we snapped in between a much needed iced tea and a dreaded visit to the grocery store (the lines on Saturday and amount of irritation I experienced is exactly why I use Peapod). As my pregnancy progresses, I am a big fan of form fitting dresses and lightweight layers (jean jacket, sweater, kimono, etc.) I think the bodycon maternity styles are flattering because it still gives you shape and makes it much easier to tell that you are pregnant and not just 5 cheeseburgers past the recommended intake. Plus, I feel so much more comfortable in dresses these days -- they are so much easier for a growing stomach rather than belly band jeans which I'm constantly re-adjusting. Hopefully the nice weather is here to stay because I'm ready to have this dress and about 5 other similar ones on rotation for next 2 months :)







Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Wearing:

Dress: Old Navy
Jacket: J. Crew - similar
Bag: Target
Necklace: T+J Designs
Sunnies: Old Navy
Lipstick: GloMinerals


No comments:

Post a Comment