Wednesday, July 5, 2017

You're One in a Melon | Pom Pom Shorts

Happy day after the 4th, aka the fireworks and grilling hangover! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday weekend - I know we did and it was a much needed break from stressing about everything we have had going on (recent life update here in case you missed it!) Luckily, I'm still off work today because I wanted one day to recover from all the activity and just relax a little bit. Waking up to an alarm the day after the 4th is a rude awakening, so this way, I was able to sleep in and enjoy breakfast in our beautiful backyard in the woods. 


In other news, I have been living in these shorts lately (non-maternity version here and here)...Once the weather turned warmer, I knew I needed to add a few pairs of shorts to my maternity collection because I couldn't get by on dresses every single though (though I've surely tried!). I like this pair because they are so comfortable yet the pom pom hem keeps them from looking too much like sleep shorts. I paired them with this tie front top which could not be more perfect for my belly. I feel like the little knot at the bottom keeps a things a little more conspicuous than they really are (aka well-disguised) and it's a fun twist on a basic white t. 

But more than anything, I'm obsessed with the watermelon clutch...I was with Lisa when she purchased it at a T&J Designs event last year and I remember thinking, you're going to regret not doing the same -- turns out I was right! They had a lemon one too, both of which are the cutest accessories for Summer! I want to wear it with everything...I don't believe this one is for sale any longer but this one is almost identical. Don't hold back from purchasing like I did...just a little fruit for thought ;) 


SHOP THE LOOK:


P.S. When I found these shorts on ASOS, I took a screen shot of the model because I loved her maternity look so much so she may or may not have served as inspiration for this outfit ;) Hey, when your belly is taking over your body, you'll take style spark wherever you can find it! 






Wearing:

Shorts: ASOS Maternity - Love them in non-maternity yellow too!
Shirt: c/o J. Jill
Shoes: c/o Superga via J. Jill - Sold out but similar here
Clutch: T+J Designs - similar
Jacket: J. Crew
Sunnies: H&M
Lipstick: Glominerals

No comments:

Post a Comment