Friday, September 27, 2013

Peaked My Pinterest: Healthy Chicken Salad


I have been on a huge Chicken Salad kick lately - It all started with amazing version I ordered at Jam N Jelly which was made with honey yogurt dressing and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best chicken salad I've ever had. 

Really though, the power of words does not do this delicious meal justice -- my cousin and I ordered the same meal that day and talked about it incessantly. I'm pretty sure the rest of our family that we were with was amazed that we were still talking about this meal an hour later...


I loved the idea of substituting mayo for Greek yogurt so I decided to try a similar recipe as an appetizer for our first block party and the recipe was a big hit!




I typically prefer green grapes, but for some reason, red ones always taste so good in chicken salad, right?



This food processor from the Pampered Chef is one of my favorite kitchen tools. It's great for chopping and so easy - you just drop in the ingredients and blades chop, slice and blend ingredients in seconds. The more you pump, the finer it cuts so this was perfect for the almonds and celery.



The dressing is the best part: Greek yogurt, honey & a little dijon mustard


 Thinly sliced apples can serve as the "base" for the salad - a healthy bite size snack




Do you have any great twists on chicken salad recipes? I'd love to try!

Just Because,

Kaitlyn

4 comments:

  1. She really is not kidding when she says it was the best chicken salad we have ever eaten.

    Also, Kaitlyn this looks amazing! Inspires me to actually try and duplicate the recipe as well. Hope the block party was fun and that you got to show the block how wonderful their new neighbors are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ingredients in this recipe and what a beautiful presentation for your new neighbors. This is going into my menu rotation. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO yummy! I will be trying this one asap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so good! I really want to make it but where is the recipe? like for the measurements of honey, ? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete