Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Animal Instincts

 photo IMG_5716_zps820def56.jpg  photo IMG_5705_zpsde421c91.jpg  photo IMG_5713_zpsf0564386.jpg
I recently wore this dress of Kaitlyn's and it was love at first site. Here's the thing though, the dress comes with this great gold cinched belt and when Kaitlyn wore it last, that's how she styled it.
I wanted to take the dress out of it's box and style it in a way that would make it look different. There is a beautiful drape detail on the top so I carried it over into the rest of the look.
I added a drape front cardigan, drape front faux leather jacket, and lots of silver jewelry that felt like it was in the "animal instincts" type category. In the end I wanted to add a pop of color so I did so in my shoes and in my clutch.
 photo IMG_5715_zpsc2e49606.jpg  photo IMG_5710_zps2c5b6f8b.jpg  photo IMG_5702_zps79cdb934.jpg  photo IMG_5707_zps3c0a7d49.jpg
Dress: H&M (swap w/ Kaitlyn) // Cardigan: M. Rena via TSF Box Service // Jacket: c/o Just Fab // Shoes: Zara // Clutch: Shoedazzle // Necklace: Baublebar // Sunnies: Express // Earrings: Castellammare Jewelry // Full Finger Ring: T+J Designs // Stackable Rings: Shop Jules 

Do you ever style your dresses to look not like themselves? I think you get more bang for your buck when you do that, don't you? 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! My favorite fall look so far! Your hair in love.
    Are you on Facebook? Find me under #MasForFashionForLess

    ReplyDelete