Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Going to Great Lengths


I remember the day I went to my hair dresser and told her I wanted to dye my hair black - I brought in an "inspirational" photo of Ashlee Simpson circa 'Pieces of Me.' My hair girl pretty much had the same response my Mom did when I told her the idea: Hell no. Thank God that phase was short-lived and I moved on... Once I remembered that whole "I'm Irish with pale skin and freckles" thing, jet black hair seemed a little out of the question. 

11 years later and I still have not touched these locks - no dye, high lights or cuts that would make me cry (like a few of those dance up-do's back in the day). I love my natural color, especially after sun time in the summer, and I'm afraid I would never get it back. 

But like most, I do get the itch to mix things up now and then so I was excited when I heard Lisa's contact for extensions was coming back in town. I have always been a fan of long flowing hair (Blake Lively is my ultimate #WCW) and since I had recently chopped my hair after my wedding, I figured this was a great way to get a new (non-permanent) look.



Sweater: BISTM (Lisa's closet) (similar) // T-shirt: Victoria's Secret // Jeans: Old Navy // Bag: Just Fab
Shoes: Just Fab (similar) // Necklace: Rachel Roy // Sunglasses: Old Navy



What do you think of extensions? How do you keep your look fresh?

P.S. Speaking of keeping things fresh, do the same for your wardrobe with this exclusive Shopbop sale for friends + family:



1 comment: