Wednesday, December 10, 2014

All is Merry and Bright


One of my favorite holiday traditions is the "day of fun" I share with my Mom. For the 4th year in a row, I took the day off work and we headed north to Winnetka for our first (and favorite) stop at the Home Alone house. This has been our #1 Christmas movie since I was little and we watch it an embarrassing amount of times during the season so we squeal with delight when we round the the corner and the house is in view. I play the theme song on my phone and we eat peppermint Jojo's...it's a little ridiculous, but that's what makes its so fun.

This year, we grabbed lunch at Cafe Aroma, a cute corner shop with a hometown feel and then crossed some more gifts off our shopping list. We could be sitting in an empty parking lot listening to Christmas music and having just as much fun...it's just the time spent together that makes it memorable.






Hat: Target | Sweater: c/o Shop Lately | Scarf: Old Navy (similar) | Jeans: LOFT (similar)
Boots: Sole Society | Jacket: North Face | Purse: Old Navy

What traditions do you look forward to?

1 comment:

  1. Great look! love the jacket and scarf.

    Mad For Fashion For Less
    To read more about this Latina fashion diaries follow/visit #MadForFashionForLess
    https://www.facebook.com/MadForFashionForLess

    ReplyDelete