Friday, January 16, 2015

An Appetizer for Awards!

It's always a little disheartening when the last bit of holiday magic dies out until next year but luckily us #fbloggers have another kind of magic right around the corner: Enter award show season. Once that first red carpet is rolled out for the Golden Globes and Giuliana Rancic reminds us all that she hasn't eaten a cheeseburger in months, we can officially start the countdown til the Superbowl of awards and my Mom's annual Oscar party. 


Like most of our family gatherings, this one revolves heavily around great snacks and adventurous cocktails. In the past, we have dined on mini macaroni bites, gourmet cupcakes, edible arrangements and various "let's try to be healthy" options (which don't get much action). 

My mom makes fantastic bacon-wrapped dates that I always look forward to so this year, I tried my hand at them using Hormel's new brown sugar bacon (omg) and stuffed them with feta cheese for a fun surprise. Using this recipe, here's the simple process in photos:








The delicious smell of "beggin" awoke somebody from his nap...he'd help himself, but he doesn't have thumbs ;)

What treats you indulge in during award shows?
Here is another bacon-themed app that I'm dying to try! 

*I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in Sisters Marie are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment