Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Making Note of the Little Things


Now that we are 3 weeks into 2015, I am still feeling inspired and motivated by the fresh start - Much like Hallie, I don't really believe in making resolutions as much as I do setting reasonable goals, both personal and professional, that I may not have gotten to the previous year. There's no reason to punish yourself if you miss the mark or even change your mind...that's what a blank slate is for. 


I am an obsessive list maker - I have post-it notes all over my desk at work, notepad lists in my phone, email reminders sent to myself, etc. It's what helps me stay organized and feel on top of my game but this year, I am looking to do a more personal kind of note taking. We encounter so many memorable moments, even in our day to day lives, and not even compulsive Instagramming will ensure that you remember the fine details and that's most important to me. So, I am looking to actually KEEP a journal (and not just for a week!) of the little things that make an impact. 

Example: One night last week I set out to jot down a few notes about our Christmas holiday and ended up with 9.5 pages. Guess it was a good one? ;) 








Sweater: Swap w/Lisa | Long-sleeved top: Forever 21 | Jeans: LOFT | Boots: Shopbop (similar
Bag: Sole Society | Necklace: Forever 21 | Mug: Starbucks | Journal & Pen: Z Gallerie

What are your goals this year? How do you stick to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment