Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Pin-Up Glam


"I can't even stand it...literally, I can't even! 
You're like Jessica Rabbit meets pin-up poster girl meets...amazing." - Lisa 

My sister (in-law) is not only a talented photographer but also great at making me feel good, especially when we're blogging outfits and I'm dressed slightly outside of my comfort zone. I don't follow strict style guidelines by any means, but a plaid pencil skirt + a form fitting sweater (topped off with a winter muff) is a retro look I don't sport too often but I can tell you this...it felt pretty good.


I love this look for Valentine's Day/any date night - the combination has an aura of decades past that makes it feel timeless. I put this on and imagined ordering an Old Fashioned while eating a candlelit dinner with my husband, complete with a side of the Rat Pack on the radio. 

To keep things modern, I added a leopard heel...there's just something about mixing animal print and plaid that catches my eye every time.








Do you ever channel a different time through your style?

Top: LOFT // similar
Skirt: Old Navy // splurge, save
Shoes: Target // similar here, here
Muff: Gift // similar 
Hat: Gap // similar

No comments:

Post a Comment