Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Peaked my Pinterest: Half-up Braid Crown

I have previously written a how-to hair post on a half up braided crown, however it was a bit different from this one. My last post made it super easy but alas, it did not have the braid going over the top of your head. So I did what anyone in need of new hair ideas would do...resort to Pinterest, of course! 

I came across this pin and knew I wanted to try this style as it too looked super easy to execute and had the braid going all the way around the crown. I was right, it was very easy to do so I felt the need to share it with all of you! 

Here is what the finished product looks like: 
 photo braids_zpsz2qlcndf.jpg

To create this half up braided crown you really only need to follow four easy steps:

 photo howtohair_zps0klnme1h.jpg

1) Take a small section of hair from one side and braid it. That side will be crossed over your head as the top braid.

2) Bringing the first braid over the top of your head, braid that braid into another small section of hair and tie it off with a small elastic. 

3) Using a small section of hair (around the section where your first braid was started), create another braid and tie it off with an elastic. 

4) Connect both braids in back of your head using bobby pins. 

You can loosen the braids for a thicker braid...I just did mine a bit tighter, as my hair has lots of layers and this just worked better with my hair type. 

What do you think? Would you try this hair style?

No comments:

Post a Comment