Friday, May 8, 2015

3 Workouts + 3 Smoothies


With summer coming and crop tops being brought back into our lives like Britney circa 1999, we're definitely being mindful of our health and fitness. Not to mention, if you sit in an office chair all day like myself, you too feel cheated from losing all that extra time when you could be active. I do my best to fit in walks with my girlfriend on lunch and walk to my co-workers desk instead of emailing but still, I am always looking to make up for the lost time. 

Routinely, I attend Body Pump 2x a week and try to fit in a good run on 3 days but there are definitely those mornings when the snooze button wins or those evenings when the couch seems MUCH more inviting. 

However, I still like to try something active every single day and that's when a quick Youtube workout can be a saving grace. There are so many 10, 20, 30 or even hour long videos that serve as a great way to get in some movement and speaking from the Ab one I did this week, I can tell you that the struggle is truly real ;)

WORKOUTS:
1. Popsugar Fitness



2. Tone it Up



3. XHIT



P.S. Here's a few more great channels to add to your list!

SMOOTHIES:
1.

1 large banana (previously frozen in chunks is best)
1 c blueberries (I use frozen organic)
1 c milk (I use almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener to taste (honey, stevia, agave)
handful of ice cubes 

Blend all ingredients & serve! I use a Vitamix which has the most power when it comes to mixing a large amount of ingredients, I think.

2. 

1 ½ cups light coconut milk
1 ripe banana
1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
Juice of one lime
Agave nectar, to taste

Place ingredients in blender, in listed order. Blend on high speed until smooth.

3. 

1 cup soy milk (I used coconut, you can use the milk of your choice)
1/2 banana, fresh or frozen
1 cup chopped frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen peach slices
2 cups spinach (or kale, which I used)
1/2 cup of ice

Place ingredients in blender. Blend on high speed until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment