Monday, May 25, 2015

Bacon, Not Stirred

Everything tastes better with bacon...or at least this is the opinion of most of us in 'Merica. For some reason, we have started to incorporate it into every recipe including ice cream sundaes, fudgy brownies and classic milk shakes. I tend to think we've gone a little bacon crazy, especially since it's not on my top 10 list of side dishes but there is fine print on that statement when it comes to salads...

I love adding a crunch to everything (chips on my sandwiches, yes please!) so bacon is a tasty way to incorporate some texture and flavor, especially if you go with applewood smoked. Harvest and red, white and blue salads are my go-to's for daily lunches..I love the combination of strawberries, blueberries, apples, goat/feta cheese, pecans, etc. so I often stock the fridge with these ingredients to recreate these meals at home. 



And while the crumbled bacon adds a savory flavor, let's not kid ourselves...Gaffigan said it best

"Once you put bacon in a salad, it's no longer a salad...it just becomes a game of 'find the bacon in the lettuce,' like you're panning for gold." 




For some protein, I cut up some grilled chicken strips (I love these from Trader Joe's) and we also had a lot of produce in the house so I included some blackberries as well...I could eat berries all day long, no matter what kind.




What is your favorite salad recipe? How do you add extra flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment