Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Playing up the Flare

 photo IMG_3921_zpssx2uwndc.jpg  photo IMG_3937_zpswtju7jbw.jpg

Some days, I don't feel like getting all dolled up. I knew I was going to be taking photos this night, but I had no idea what to wear. Then it hit me, my favorite flare jeans of course. They may be called Mother Denim, but these are not mom jeans folks! Seriously though, I have owned these for a few years now and it's so easy to look put together even when you're not feeling so put together.
I used the flare in my jeans to inspire the rest of the outfit. By pairing it with a peplum top, it was flare on flare in all the right places.

 photo IMG_3925_zpsr8dlhcea.jpg  photo IMG_3938_zpsorkyqecy.jpg  photo IMG_3924_zpsffx2ipi2.jpg

I found this peplum at Zara for under $15 on the sales rack! So I did what any rational women would do; buy it in two colors of course. ;) When it came to the styling I decided to let my lips & hair be the stars and keep everything else pretty neutral. A bold lip really is the best accessory. Add a deep part and retro waves to your hair and you've got a bit of "zhush" to add to your basic look.

All my gold jewelry is delicate and layered, lots of layers though (Obviously! More is more you know.).  My shoes and bag are also in the neutral color scheme but make this jeans and peplum outfit more, well me.

 photo IMG_3942_zpsnjmgqaik.jpg  photo IMG_3923_zpsoyhjs2d1.jpg  photo IMG_3941_zpsqimobhnj.jpg

In the end, it ended up being the perfect outfit for a GNO. Classic but still my own style, and great for lot of eating and a few drinks too!

 photo IMG_3944_zpswoexcwpl.jpg
Top: Zara (similar) (similar)  // Jeans: Mother Denim via Hautelook // Bag: Rachel Zoe (similar) (similar)  // Shoes: JustFab // Sunglasses: Ray Ban // Bracelets & Ring: Rocksbox // Watch: Fossil // Bar Earrings: Nordstrom // Necklace: Street Fair in Chicago 

In this crazy fashion world we live in, are jeans and a top still your go-to look?

What do you think of this pairing?

No comments:

Post a Comment