Wednesday, July 22, 2015

You are the Pineapple of my Eye


This is definitely the summer of the pineapple...The tropical juicy fruit is popping up everywhere, in fashion, jewelry, art and of course, in the corner grocery, just waiting to get blended into our morning smoothies. 

I also recently learned that it's a sign of hospitality across the South, as it was historically a rare and luxurious fruit. Before modern technology and fast transportation, it symbolized extravagance and wealth because fresh pineapple was hard to come by. How cool is that? I love the meaning behind it and luckily, Charleston is on my bucket list so I will be sure to make a stop at this fountain upon arrival.


I have run into a lot of pineapple printed apparel but this tank caught my eye right away...I love the detail on the straps and it's got just the right amount of flow, perfect for pairing with boyfriend jeans or distressed cutoffs for the summer. 





Top: H&M (love this one too!) | Jeans; Forever 21 (similar) | Heels: Aldo (old but similar here) | Bag; Just Fab 
Necklace: Rocksbox (shop it here) | Sunnies: Ray Ban | Ring: Forever 21

Are you a fan of this fruity trend?  

Here are some of my other favorite pineapple picks, (most) under $100!



No comments:

Post a Comment