Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fifty Shades of Neutral

 photo mom20blogger_zpszcvny7ej.jpg  photo blogger_zpsvgmvvssb.jpg

I am such a fan of mixing neutrals. Sure, I love wearing all black, but I find exciting to mix in other colors to an otherwise all monochromatic outfit. It might look all black from far away, but up close it's dark neutral colors mixed together. It's all in the details after all!

On this day I decided to style this midi dress with my favorite black crop boots. OK, this is where I started having some fun with this look. I added a gorgeous denim jacket for pops of dark blue (and please note the dark blue nails..because blue is the best!). Next up, I added these dark green Zac Posen sunglasses & my go-to brown bag. In the end what seemed like an all black look was really black, green, blue.

 photo fashionblogger_zps8lokg6bm.jpg  photo fashion20blogger_zpsumjqo1ij.jpg  photo fashion_zpslb151ilb.jpg

The gold hardware on my boots and bag made from a jumping off point for my jewelry. I added a simple long gold necklace and a few rings and was good to good for dinner out with the family. 
This look felt put together even though it took me about 15 minutes to get dressed and dash out the door. I love outfits that look like they took way more time to put together then they actually did! 

 photo momblogger_zpssktz0w2a.jpg  photo fallfashion_zps9x0xogbl.jpg
Dress: Nordstrom // Jacket: Guess // Shoes: c/o JustFab // Bag: c/o Sole Society // Sunglasses: Ditto (use code SADB to get 1st month FREE!)
Are you a fan of mixing neutrals? What do you think of this pairing?

No comments:

Post a Comment