Monday, October 26, 2015

Fauxhawks & Foliage


With so many weddings on my calendar this year, I've been trying my best to remain budget-savvy (did you catch that, husband?) so for the last one, I thought it was smart to try out a dress for a few days rather than years when it may not even get another wear. I'm always checking the new arrivals on Rent the Runway and this Nanette Lepore style popped right off the page...I loved everything about it from the sheer polka dot top to the full skirt and mix of fall floral colors. 

[P.S. Get 20% off your next RTR dress with our special code: RTRFALLSTYLE2E35DD]

As my 7th experience with RTR (my first rental in 2012!), I can tell you I've had success each time thanks to the helpful reviews on the site, a great company policy (free backup size and returns!) and the option for a style swap..if you don't like your original dress choice, RTR will let you swap it out in time for your event. I got so many compliments on this dress but the truth is, it only felt complete with the addition of one thing...


My new favorite braid or what I lovingly refer to as, "the dino." My friend is the master behind this piece which is actually a series of small pony tails turned into knots to imitate an (amazing) braid. I have a slight obsession with long hair and fat braids...No joke, I just about lose it over every single Instagram shot of Amber. Her Elsa-esque braids are out of control and one of the reasons I long for the return of my extensions so to say I'm obsessed with this faux hawk meets Jurassic Park up-do is an understatement. With the graphic triangle drop earrings and mix of patterns in the dress, I felt an edgy hair look was the ideal way to seal the deal. 

Look for a dino braid tutorial coming to the blog soon! ;)







How have your RTR experiences been? What's your favorite braid style?


Dress: c/o Rent the Runway | Clutch: c/o Rent the Runway | Earrings: c/o Rent the Runway
Sunglasses: Karen Walker - Use code SISTERSMARIE for your first pair free on Ditto! 
Bracelet: Forever 21
Lip color: Crush by Glominerals 
Heels: ASOS

No comments:

Post a Comment