Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Behind the Scenes with Lake & Country: The Spring Issue

One of my favorite experiences as a blogger thus far was the feature we did with Lake & Country Magazine last year. Not only did we get to meet such a wonderful group of talented ladies but it also allowed us to spend a little extra time in Wisconsin, one of our favorite places... Fast forward to 2016 and I am pleased to share that I am now a regular contributor to the publication with a column that will appear in all four issues this year. I have grown up with strong roots in the lake area, as our family home has provided me with many wonderful memories and so many yet to come. Through my lakeside experiences over the past 18 years, I have become quite familiar with the area and frequently participate in the community through events, recreation, restaurants, etc. so this spot on the L&C team has given me the opportunity to bond these experiences with my love for writing in order to offer a modern take on everything the area has to offer.


My column, "The Weekender" will explore the town in a way that residents might not always see...Even if you don’t have roots up north, there’s a good chance you know somebody who does because it’s just one of those places. A place where everybody knows your name and your drink of choice. But I’ll bet you one thing, there’s a few secrets even the most seasoned veterans aren’t in on. It takes a part-timer like myself to truly learn the ins and outs of what makes a memorable weekend 80 miles north from the heart of Chicago. After all, we only have so much time before reality sets in and we must cross back over the Illinois state line. Since our lake house is in a community that still believes in waving to your neighbors, I was willing to share a few tips I’ve been keeping under wraps ;) 

Here is the finished product:


And a few behind the scenes photos we took for the column...





All of the above photos were shot & edited by Anna...She is super talented and such a joy to work with. If you are looking for photos in the Lake Geneva area, she is a great choice!



The last two photos were shot by Sophia, Managing Editor at Lake & Country. 
She is such a beautiful soul with a big heart...Follow her on Insta!

Oh, and make sure to pick up a copy of the Spring issue if you're heading up north...


Wearing:

T: LOFT
Jeans; Old Navy
Jacket: Sheinside (similar)
Booties: Old Navy (old but similar here under $25)
Necklace: Mirina Collections
Lipstick; Lancome - "Rouge in Love" #377

No comments:

Post a Comment