Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Perfect Summer Swim Style



As you guys know, one piece swimsuits are having a major moment. It had been years since I wore one, probably since my diving meets during  freshman year of high school (reverse tucks, you are NOT missed). Though I spent so many Summers in a bikini, I will tell you, I never found one that was a perfect match -- too revealing, not enough support, too MUCH support (aka underwire isn't cool in your teens...or ever) so with that said, I was pretty excited to try one on again and honestly, it felt fantastic. 

No longer am I worried about jumping in the water and losing my top or constantly adjusting my straps. Plus, a lot of the current styles are super flattering and fun with different patterns and prints...Seriously, why have I waited so long to make the switch? If this isn't a great time to blast "when 2 become 1" by the Spice Girls, there simply isn't one.


When it comes to beach accessories, I partnered with J. Jill to complete my lakeside look. Ladies, this is no longer just your Mom's favorite store...take it from someone who has been wearing these pieces non-stop. I've always had a weird obsession with white coverups, probably because they look so sleek when combined with a golden tan and a colorful suit and this poncho is so versatile as it can be worn multiple different ways (1 shoulder, off the shoulder, longer on one side, etc.). I added rose gold sandals & a nautical bracelet stack for the ultimate Summer ensemble. Only thing missing is a giant swan float...#sobasic.

One last thing though, this swimsuit is my JAM. I literally want to live in it...from the strappy back to the cut outs on the hips and a vibrant Summer print. By adding a pair of shorts or poncho, this beach style suddenly becomes appropriate enough to grab coffee from your favorite morning spot (speaking from experience, if I may).





Have you found a great one piece? 
What's on your Summer style list?

Wearing:
Swimsuit: Target (under $30!)
Cover up: c/o J. Jill
Sandals: c/o J. Jill
Headband: Headbands of Hope
Bracelet stack: c/o J. Jill
Shorts: LOFT (old but similar here under $35)
Necklace: E Street Denim (similar)
Sunnies: Jason Wu via DITTO - Try this pair FREE with code "sistersmarie"

No comments:

Post a Comment