Friday, July 15, 2016

Recipe: Chicken Primavera

 photo IMG_2421_zpsvb4uscnd.jpg

I recently had a dinner party and I was in search of a recipe that highlighted lots of veggies and organic chicken. After about 5 minutes scouring the Internet, I stumbled upon this recipe over at Dinner at the Zoo. I (as per usual) tweaked it to fit our tastes and needs, so I will share the recipe I used below! 

Ingredients:
1 pound organic chicken breasts
2 teaspoons organic extra virgin olive oil
sea salt & pepper to taste
10 ounces whole wheat pasta of choice 
4 tablespoons of organic butter
3 organic lemons (2 to be squeezed for lemon juice, 1 to be sliced into wedges for each portion)
1 cup organic asparagus spears, trimmed & cut into 3 inch pieces
1 cup organic baby carrots, peeled and halved (I used regular sized carrots and sliced them)
1/2 cup organic frozen peas
2 tablespoons organic chopped parsley

 photo IMG_2423_zpshehjl338.jpg

Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over med-high heat. 
2. Season the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt & pepper.
3. Place the chicken breasts in the pan; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Cut the chicken crosswise into slices. 
4. Prepare the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. 4 minutes before the pasta is done, add the carrots, asparagus and peas to the boiling water. 
5. Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. 
6. Return the pasta and vegetables to the pasta pot. Turn the heat on low and add the butter and lemon juice, stirring to coat. Add the pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is at your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Arrange the chicken on top of the pasta mixture and sprinkle wit parsley. Serve, with lemon wedges if desired. 

 photo IMG_2425_zpstmwdrlt7.jpg  photo IMG_2429_zpsrfqkxp6g.jpg  photo IMG_2439_zpsvbl736zp.jpg

This recipe was AH-MAZING! The entire dinner party loved it and I can not wait to make it again. Usually after I make something I have more ideas how I would make it better. After eating this one, I would fix nothing. 

Is this a recipe you would try? What websites do you love to find new dinner ideas? Let's chat in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment