Monday, August 8, 2016

J. Jill Ruby Slippers


I've always had a thing for red shoes. Red flats, specifically...this began at a very early age when I saw White Christmas for the first time. The last scene of the movie is an idyllic portrait of a picture perfect Christmas with fresh snow falling, a horse and carriage and Bing Crosby singing everyone's favorite holiday song. But before I could appreciate all of that, I was fixated on the young ballerinas who gracefully glide onto the stage in their bright red ballet toe shoes which match their gorgeous leotards. I don't know what it was but I wanted them (and to be like them) badly. I had never seen anything so beautiful...until I watched the Wizard of Oz, that is. Was there ever a more iconic pair of shoes worn in a film? Not only were those ruby slippers gorgeous but they could actually take you home...kind of gives them gold medal, no?

Fast forward many years later and I have my own pair of red slippers from J. Jill. The minute I saw them, I knew they would be perfect for transitioning to Fall and providing a pop of color many otherwise neutral outfits. They may not be made for ballet or making a wish, but they certainly recall a very nice memory for me and that makes them equally special. 







Wearing:

Top: c/o J. Jill
Jeans: c/o Fitcode
Shoes:  c/o J. Jill
Bag:  c/o J. Jill
Sunnies: LOFT
Earrings: Kendra Scott

P.S. Thanks to my beautiful Mom for shooting photos for me...We have started doing that once a a week and not only is it just another chance for us to hang out, but she's so supportive of our blog (being that she has a very valuable one herself). I adore my husband but let's be honest, he's not always the most enthusiastic about shooting another outfit. Mom, on the other hand, finds fun in seeking out new shooting locations with me and never makes me feel like I'm interrupting her plans...as with everything in my life, I don't know what I would do without her. 


BTW, Mom is wearing a dress from LOFT a few years back...she just found it during a closet-cleaning binge and decided it was fit for the "keep" pile. I agree...the perfect throw & go Summer look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment