Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Comeback of the Bomber Jacket

 photo bomber jacket_zpsvnlda6vz.jpg  photo bomber jacket-7_zpsjpyapsb2.jpg  photo bomber jacket-9_zpsmqimnthe.jpg  photo bomber jacket-6_zpsftkttwob.jpg

The bomber jacket (or bombardier jacket) is a type of coat originally created for military pilots for both WWI & WWII. The style eventually became part of pop culture and apparel thanks to Hollywood movies such as Top Gun. I mean, Tom Cruise did look amazing in that film and in that jacket, I can see what all the fuss was about. Since the late 1980's, these coats have come and gone from being on trend, and this year they are so in! Not only are they super cute, but they are also very functional, warm, and the perfect size to not over bulk your outfit. 

I picked up this print bomber jacket back in 2013 in my first order from Golden Tote. I feel like this beauty was a few years ahead of its time, so I held onto it knowing it would only be more in style as the years go by. Don't you just love pieces like that? I paired my jacket with a suede skirt, crop top, and pulled in maroon with my sunglasses, bag, and boots. In the end, I loved wearing this outfit and that is a successful pairing in my book. 

 photo bomber jacket-5_zpstlkvea5y.jpg  photo bomber jacket-8_zpsemipt5z8.jpg  photo bomber jacket-3_zpss8xef2ri.jpg  photo bomber jacket-2_zpsijaukopd.jpg
Bomber Jacket: Golden Tote // Top & Skirt: Express // Bag & Shoes: c/o Sole Society // Necklace: Accessory Concierge // Sunglasses: MNG by Mango (similar)

Photos by Cecilia Jean

Are you a fan of bomber jackets? Did you already know that movies like Top Gun helped make this military jacket mainstream? Inspiration is everywhere folks!

Shop Bomber Jackets:



No comments:

Post a Comment