Monday, December 12, 2016

Cozy in Cashmere


When the weekend weather forecast calls for 8+ inches of snow, you pull out all the cozy stops: The cashmere sweater, waterproof boots, the fuzzy plaid coat and of course, the pom beanie. Staying warm  is especially important since I have been sick with a nasty sinus infection for over two weeks now...guys, TWO WEEKS is way too long to be down and out during the most wonderful time of the year. Not only am I getting behind in my to-do list but I started to experience a bit of FOMO with all the festive happenings. But with that said, a weakened immune system actually forced me to rest a bit...Instead of filling every second with trips to the gym, cleaning the house and basically running ragged, I have snagged some time by the fire with my two favorite guys watching Christmas movies and drinking endless cups of ginger tea...guess it doesn't sound so bad, huh? 

I finally made my way to the Dr. so here's to hoping for a healthier start to the week...after all, I've been chugging this "get well" smoothie recipe daily, there has to be SOME magic happening!



Also, I just want to take a moment to share my love for these boots - With cold weather, comes my obsession for waterproof duck boots. I am always cold so extra protection is key and not to mention, I think they look adorable with winter wear. This UGG style is fleece lined so there's an additional layer of warmth and the contrasting browns are just the right amount of neutral so they go with everything. Time to put them on repeat...



SHOP THE LOOK:



P.S. I bought this plaid coat on Black Friday last year and it's one of my favorite purchases. It's so warm and the style is timeless (see another way I styled it here). 

GOOD NEWS, it's on super sale --> Shop it here!


For all my fellow cold & sinus friends...Cheers to a healthy week! 

Wearing:

Sweater: c/o J. Jill
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Ugg c/o J. Jill
Hat: Old Navy
Scarf: c/o J. Jill
Jacket: Forever 21
Purse: Express (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment