Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Little Black (Wrap) Dress

 photo wrap dress-5_zpsoix7fgym.jpg  photo wrap dress-3_zpswfadtcwl.jpg  photo wrap dress_zpsi3utqynp.jpg  photo wrap dress-2_zps1c20wsmr.jpg

The only thing better then adding a classic LBD to your wardrobe, is adding a wrap style LBD. The silhouette is utterly flattering on every body shape and size, so picking up this one in black from Leota was a no brainier. This is one of those pieces that can stay in your closet year in and year out and literally never go out of style.

I have been wearing this blue faux leather jacket non-stop lately, so I wanted to find a way to pull more blue into this styling. The scarf I added is part of the J.Jill Compassion fund collection (read more about that cause here), and I love how it's this gorgeous purple/plum color. I used that color to pick out my lip color and boots, then finished my look off by adding a print oversized clutch. In the end, I really loved this pairing. My LBD became a great canvas for print mixing and color matching but still didn't look busy.

 photo wrap dress-6_zpsejgxj4sj.jpg  photo wrapdress_zpsjkldsiu8.jpg  photo wrap dress-8_zpsikz0vfxh.jpg  photo wrap dress-4_zpsiyhjwnic.jpg
Dress: c/o Leota New York // Jacket: c/o Style & Co // Boots: Michael Kors // Bag: Banana Republic (same bag, different print) // Scarf: c/o J.Jill // Necklace: The Giving Keys // Watch: Fossil // Tights: Spanx

Photos by Cecilia Jean

Do you have any wrap dresses in your wardrobe? What do you think of this pairing?

No comments:

Post a Comment