Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Blush, Black, & Blue

 photo fashion-116_zpsbgfbwwku.jpg  photo fashion-113_zpsffqxuzpq.jpg

I was never the girl to wear all black outfits. OK, maybe back in my cocktail waitress and bartender days, but not because I chose to style an outfit that way. About eighteen months ago when I started going blond ombre (again), I began loving black tops more then I used to. Maybe my darker hair always got lost and that was the issue, but having blond ends really does make wearing black clothing that much more fun. Perhaps that's what is meant when they say blond's have more fun! The hair color makes your darker colored clothing pop. But I've gotten off topic a bit, let's bring it back to the point, shall we? ;)

I have been wearing much more black in the past year and even though I am a huge fan of styling black on black, I love a good color twist. I just adore the color pairing of blush, black, and blue. I styled a bodysuit with high-waist denim, all in black, and then loaded on the two other colors. Blush in the bag, lip color, and scarf, blue in the shoes, jacket, sunglasses and scarf. In the end this outfit felt chic to wear yet super comfortable for a night out or a relaxed date look.

 photo fashion-109_zpsuginclo0.jpg  photo fashion-110_zpsau3qekft.jpg  photo fashion-115_zpslx8r45x5.jpg

SHOP THE LOOK: 
 photo fashion-111_zps7beftxgn.jpg

As a side note, I never thought I'd be the girl who wears high-waist denim and bodysuits. Especially at the age of 38, but here we are and I make no excuses...I love and wear them both quite often! How and why did I avoid this combo for so long? It is super flattering on my mid-section (fellow mommy's out there can I get a holler?!) and the bodysuit allows a flawless tucked in look, minus the bulkiness. I have no problem admitting I currently own four bodysuits that are in constant rotation. 

 photo fashion-112_zpshrbboamn.jpg
Bodysuit: Express // Jacket: Pepe Jeans (similar) // Jeans: Express // Shoes: c/o JustFab // Bag: Express // Scarf: c/o J.Jill // Earrings: Box of Style // Necklace: Lili Claspe // Sunglasses: Rayban // Watch: Movado // Tassel Bracelet: Box of Style 

Are you a fan of this color combo? What color do you love wearing the most based on your hair color? Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment