Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Denim Cutoffs & Peplum Tops

 photo fashion-97_zpsdh49irmn.jpg  photo fashion-94_zpscnipazqj.jpg  photo fashion-100_zps6jzeim4p.jpg

You guys, it's May and the weather here in the Midwest is officially looking a lot like spring! (Can I get a woot woot?!) I was over the moon to wear this outfit last week as it was 70 degrees and my steams finally got a bit of vitamin D. I just love this time of year because the kids are almost done with school and that means my favorite time of year begins next month, summer break! With endless pool days, summer sports,  & play dates in my future, I have a good amount of home projects to finish before we start all that. These days call for cozy yet fashionable outfit so I can do everything from run errand to attend school fundraisers, which is exactly what I did on this day. 

Two items I am loving for this time of year, denim cutoffs and peplum tops. Every year, I get a least one new pair of jean shorts. This beauties from Shopbop are a fast favorite of mine and I can not wait to wear them all summer long. Peplum tops are also great because the style is flattering on all body types and can be both dressed up or dressed down. This particular top was a bit longer then I wanted when pairing it with my new shorts, so I tied up one end and problem solved. In the end, tying it up or belting it is always a great choice (for tops of dresses!). 

 photo fashion-95_zpsqqgblxql.jpg  photo fashion-98_zps9cupyuak.jpg

SHOP THE LOOK:
 photo fashion-93_zpshtgvw0t4.jpg  photo fashion-101_zpsrpo7oryp.jpg  photo fashion-96_zps79m1lagc.jpg
Top: Loft // Shorts: c/o Shopbop // Shoes & Bag: c/o Sole Society // Hat: Target // Watch: Movado // Necklace: Lili Claspe (similar) // Makeup: GloMinerals 

(Photos by Cecilia Jean

What do you think of this pairing? Do you pick up a new pair of denim cutoffs each year too?


No comments:

Post a Comment