Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Return of Pre-Baby Jeans


I have dreamt of this day for 9+ months...the day I would be able to slip on a pair of jeans in my regular pre-pregnancy size. I CAN'T EVEN tell you guys how happy this makes me -- While I was so lucky to have a wonderful, complication-free pregnancy, I basically counted down the days until I could return to my normal wardrobe, though it was hard to believe that day would ever come. It's not that I hated maternity clothes...it's just that I felt so much unlike myself. No matter how stylish the maternity options were, I still felt like I was dressing a body that wasn't mine and it was much harder to feel confident in the every day.

So today, I decided to test out the pair of jeans I ordered from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (obsessed with the uneven hem!). I had actually put them away thinking they wouldn't actually fit for another month or so but as a welcome surprise, they slid on and it felt just right. It felt like such an accomplishment to put JEANS on...I've barely been making it out of pj's and nursing tops so for a brief moment in time, this felt really nice. It's AMAZING to me what the body can do...3 weeks ago, I was still dressing a beautiful baby bump and without even realizing it was happening, my body has been working hard to find its way back. Our lives have been a blur these past few weeks, meaning there's really no time to pay attention to my appearance...I've just been focusing on consuming enough calories and drinking plenty of fluids in order to keep the little man's weight up and in the meantime, my body has been working overtime for me as well. It's not the same as it was, but neither is our life...it's better.


P.S. I've been loving mules for a while now and I originally had a few pairs in my cart during the #nsale but I still wasn't convinced on the prices...then I thought, I'm sure I can find a more cost-effective pair that looks identical (just like this Gucci pair!) and low and behold, Forever 21 came through in the clutch. This black pair is under $50 and so comfortable. Most of the sizes are low in stock so don't wait to shop!


SHOP MY STYLE:







Thanks for coming by...It's nice to be back (both here AND in my jeans!) :)

Wearing:

Jeans: Nordstrom
Top: ASOS
Mules: Forever 21
Bag: c/o Verloop Knits
Sunnies: H&M
Necklace: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Bracelets: Alex & Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment