Friday, September 15, 2017

When Overalls Come Full Circle

As I pulled these overalls on, I thought about the last time I styled them on the blog...I was about 2 months pregnant, having just shared the news with our Family and feeling pretty excited about everything. Though it really wasn't that long ago, so much in my life has changed and that's one of great parts of blogging my outfits - Getting to look back not only on what I was wearing but what was going on in my life and how my style was representative of that time. I look at those first overall photos and think, how crazy that I hadn't even started writing about my maternity adventure here yet and now, here I am...wearing the same denim but this time as a Mom to the most wonderful boy who has completely turned my world upside down. Sure, clothes are just clothes but they also accompany us on some of our biggest journeys, providing comfort and nostalgia along the way. 
Speaking of comfort, I am not ashamed to say I have been LIVING in these overalls recently...like, multiple days a week. Not only was I so excited they fit again (though a little differently time around, I might add), but they are also super convenient for breastfeeding thanks to the straps. Not to mention, they pair well with tanks, t's and long sleeves which accommodates our recent Summer/Fall weather patterns so they're a great transitional item. Like I said in the first post, when I wear them, it makes me feel like all my regular jeans just aren't as exciting...there's a little bit of quirkiness to these and I plan on keeping them in my weekly rotation this season. As I type this, I'm also searching for a few more pairs because when you love something, you don't set it free...you get as much of it as you can ;)

SHOP THE STYLE:






Wearing:

Top: c/o J. Jill
Overalls: H&M (similar)
Jacket: J. Crew
Booties: Toms
Bag: Sole Society - sold out but similar here
Choker: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Lip Color: Demure by Glo Skin Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment