Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Breastfeeding in Style


Before I had the baby, my new Mom girlfriends were so helpful with offering advice on what to expect. One of them told me to stock up on nursing bras and tops because it would make breastfeeding so much more convenient, especially since it happens so often. I ordered a bra on Amazon and purchased a simple blank nursing tank thinking, I probably won't wear this often but it will be nice to have. 

WRONG -- I wore that tank top multiple days a week in the beginning because not only was it easier but early on, I couldn't even fathom looking like a real human and getting ready like I normally would. I was so tired and wanted to wear whatever made my life a little simpler but let me be clear...I really disliked that tank top. It was boring, basic and not something I would ever choose to wear. I felt so blah.

Luckily as time went on, I learned that a lot of my normal, stretchy tank tops worked just as well and because they were already a part of my regular wardrobe, I felt more like myself. I also realized that there are a lot of beautiful, on-trend tops and dresses that may not be specifically designed for nursing but still allow you to do it with ease. A wrap dress is a perfect example -- I wore a lot of Pink Blush maternity styles during my pregnancy because it was some of the cutest stuff I could find and gave me the most confidence but a lot of women don't realize, their non-maternity clothes are just as gorgeous and many of them still offer the support needed when you are tending to your little one.
 

This maxi dress is very similar to the one I wore when I first announced my pregnancy and both of them are the most COMFORTABLE dresses I have ever put on. It is so soft, the wrap style is flattering across all body types and of course, the wrap makes it very easy to undo whenever it's feeding time. But more than anything, I love that it doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing something basic and frumpy. It's just another beautiful Fall dress and by adding a leather moto jacket and booties, it becomes much more a date night look than a day covered in spit-up look 😂

#MOMLIFE


SHOP THE LOOK:





Mom's...How do you stay stylish while breastfeeding?

Wearing:

Dress: c/o Pink Blush
Jacket: Tobi (similar)
Necklace: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Booties: c/o Cabi Clothing
Sunnies: Raen
Bag: Urban Expressions

No comments:

Post a Comment