Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Do Something DIfferent Today

I got dressed in this look the other day and all I heard in my head as I glanced in the mirror was Leslie Knope Amy Pohler, decked out in a velour sweat suit, reminding her teenage daughter that she's anything but a "regular Mom." It's one of my (and most everyone's) favorite lines from the movie and even more appropriate in my life now a days. Luckily, I still have a decent amount of "cool" years left with my son before he gets embarrassed by how many times I kiss him on the cheek. I literally give him hundreds a day and he gives me the biggest smiles in return. If only I could bottle up these moments for some of those rejection days in the future! ;)


My shirt serves as a great reminder these days, as I have embraced so much "different" already...
I've been having a hard time adjusting to the thought of returning to work soon and not being by my little man's side every moment. Over the past 3 months, we have developed a nice routine that keeps the both of us happy (most days!) so of course, it's going to be a little difficult to change it again. It hurts my heart to think of him missing me, wondering where I am. It's just so hard for Mom's (and Dad's) to figure out the best solutions for their Family. There is a lot of stress that comes with delving into decisions regarding daycare, nanny-shares, staying at home, and so on. Between the financial worries and guilt (which inevitably happens no matter what decision you make), it can make you feel like you lose either way.

BUT --  I think about how many times I've worked myself up since he's been born, thinking how different and challenging everything was going to be and so far, it's all turned out just fine.

Before he came into the world, I was so worried about labor -- but I did it.

When I started breastfeeding, I was worried it would never get easier -- It has.

When I could hardly function because he was barely sleeping during the first few weeks -- I somehow still did.

When my husband went back to work after a few weeks, I was worried about being alone with the baby -- And we've done great.

So while it will another adjustment for us, I am confident that our new schedule will not change the wonderful bond and routines we have already created. I'm so lucky to have a supportive team who is allowing me to work from home a few days a week and Family who is kind enough to watch Ro while I'm at the office. That way, I still get to be present, both at work and for my sweet little boy, creating a good balance for everyone. As a Mom who has handled many challenges already, I feel empowered to climb yet another "mountain." I'm starting to think there's nothing we women can't do ;)


SHOP MY LOOK:





Mom's...How have you handled similar struggles? 
What has worked best for you?

Thanks for reading! Xo

Wearing:

Shirt: c/o Mixology
Pants: c/o Cabi Clothing
Blazer: Old, similar here
Booties: c/o Cabi Clothing
Purse: Old, similar here
Necklace: Park Lane Jewelry
Bow: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment