Friday, December 1, 2017

A Baby-Proof Area Rug

How can such a small person take up SO much room in the house? I have asked myself this on a daily basis since we brought our little man home almost 4 months ago and his stuff just continues to close in on us. In addition his nursery and all of the toys that have flooded our Family Room, he has also staked his claim on our guest room. I'll admit, that one is our doing because we wanted a little station set up on our main floor where we could change diapers and let him nap if necessary so we didn't have to go upstairs every time there was an explosion (which let's be honest, is often). So, our cute little guest bedroom has essentially morphed into a second nursery.

I do my best to keep it looking fresh and modern instead of overly baby-ish. We do spend a lot of time in there though so I wanted to make it as homey as possible and to me, a nice area rug is always that finishing touch. I've mentioned my obsession before - I'm pretty sure if I buy any more for the house, my husband will ask for a divorce but I can't help it...Rugs are such an easy way to completely change the look of a room and add some warmth, don't you guys agree? 

For Ro's SECOND bedroom space  (😂 ), I partnered up with Lorena Canals, an amazing home decor brand that I stumbled upon via Instagram and I am so lucky I did. For the past 12 years, they have been specializing in children's rugs in order to offer elegant and cozy spaces that meet all the requirements a Mother needs for her kids. YES PLEASE!

The unique and beautiful design of this petroleum berber rug was the first thing that caught my eye (mostly because I'm OBSESSED with this teal color!), but the story behind her designs was what hooked me:
  1. All of the rugs and cushions are machine-washable and fit into a standard washer and dryer. Is this not the most GENIUS idea ever? In 4+ years of owning our home, I have replaced multiple rugs due to stains and general wear and tear so I am beyond thrilled to have this ability. Literally a life saver, especially with a baby who spits up and drools all day long!
  2. Their home collection is perfect for sophisticated kids rooms but also for adult spaces. I'm thinking about ordering another for our loft area - It's so nice when the design is ambiguous enough for two kinds of spaces so you can change it up later on if you want instead of being stuck with a rug adorned with matchbox cars that only fits one space.
  3. The brand is shopped by top celebrities and was picked by Vogue as top baby product for celebrity nurseries. Stars...they're just like us ;)
  4. All rugs are made in India and designed in Spain 
  5. All products are handmade with natural dyes, eco and contain no VOCs like most carpeting and rugs -- Makes me feel better about Ro spending so much time on it.
  6. The proceeds support the Sakula project and provide schooling for children in India. I love shopping brands with a generous philanthropic mission!

While I can get annoyed with his stuff being everywhere, it's also a nice change of space to switch up our scenery and hang out in different rooms so it can also be convenient. I often bring his activity mat in here and we just hang out with his woodland friends. He has started rolling now though so I can't just lay him there and walk away anymore...He is definitely keeping me on my toes these days!


We also spend a lot of time reading books and with all the natural light in the guest room, it's the perfect space for it. I think Ro is really going to like reading because he listens intently every time my husband or I tell a story and it's precious to watch his face light up with each flip of a page. Right now, Silly Tilly and Dragons Love Tacos are two of our favorites! I look forward to these moments during the day and right before bedtime.

P.S. I have always been a sucker for rugs with tassels...Though, I did hesitate with this because they look very similar to my dog's chew toys! Luckily, he rarely comes in this room so I figured it was safe ;)

This face, though! My handsome little man is getting so big...I could stare at this face and kiss these cheeks all day long (and by could, I mean I do)! I am very lucky to be his Mama.

Mom's, how do you keep your baby spaces looking nice & fresh?
Raise your hand if your little one has taken over the whole house as well!

Thanks for stopping by! Xo

Featured:

Rug: c/o Lorena Canals
Activity Mat: Skip Hop
Pajamas: Nate Berkus


I received product compliments of Lorena Canals. All opinions and statements are my own.
Thanks for supporting the brands that make Sisters Marie possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment