Friday, August 9, 2013

Street Style 2013: Lollapalooza

The hubby and I attended Lollapalooza on Saturday & Sunday (see what I wore!) this past weekend and wow, the street style was out of control. I realize this is Chicago's equivalent of Coachella, but some people took it from a "cute music fest signature style" to more of a costume feel. 

Prior to attending, I totally wanted a flower headband... after attending, I'm thankful I skipped it. They were extremely overdone! Some people pulled them off flawlessly and made me want one again but most left me wondering if those people realized how silly they looked. 

Here are a few of my "do's and don'ts" from Lolla 2013:

Don't:
Wear over sized flowers on your head then add lace, fringe, patterns, crop tops, and boots all at he same time. Just too much going on ladies!

Do:
Make your own headband and pair it with a neutral or solid color dress.

Don't:
Take your top off and wear a bra with cut offs, go braless and show kids (yes, children were there) your side boobs, wear a bikini top and open your jean shorts so it's all hanging out, and try too many styles at once (no pants, crochet dress, studded vest, pig tail buns....one would be cute but not all at once).

Do: 
Pair crop-tops with cutoffs and cute gym shoes, wear a romper and add a pop of color with your sunnies and sneakers, pair an animal print bag with a simple summer dress, and again pair a crop top with a great short and some fun hair coloring! 

Don't:
Rip off someone elses style. Ariel from the Little mermaid...Miley Cyrus... is that you? 
I'm all for being inspired, but don't straight up rip them off! ;)

Now for my three favorite looks from the weekend:

DO:
Wear a short pair of shorts with a full top (not crop top) and a great pair of boots. 
I LOVE this look! Chic, boho, and perfect festwear if I do say so myself.

DO: 
Wear colorful pants and jackets paired with comfortable footwear and a backpack for all your concert needs (blanket, sunscreen, water, etc). These guys nailed it!

DO:
Be yourself! Wear a cute hat with glasses, tee, skinny jeans, and a pop of color with your bag. And why not look great as a couple? Loved that her man kept in the black/gray color scheme and they were cohesive. 

What are your do's and don'ts for summer festival wear? We want to hear your opinions!

#Lisa

1 comment: