Friday, February 27, 2015

Blog of the Month: The Kentucky Gent

As style bloggers, our interests extend far beyond dresses and bows. We love to keep track of the ever evolving looks for men including everything from the modern navy tailored suit to the effortless hoodie and blazer layers. There may be more options available to females but we are endlessly jealous of the ease men experience when it comes to trying on apparel and getting dressed. 

One of our favorite style bloggers, Josh from the Kentucky Gent, is a perfect example of a guy that can look put together in just a t-shirt and jeans. It’s the little unique twists that make him stand out whether it’s the cuff on the jeans or leather sleeves on his crew neck.


We talked to Josh about how he got started as a guy in a passion fueled predominantly by females. Find out what he had to say: 

What made you decide to start a blog?

I was a buyer for an online company and traveling quite a bit for the job. People were always surprised that I was from Kentucky based on how I dressed and looked. Basically the main reason I started the blog was to show a different side of Kentucky life than the one people assume.

What do you find most challenging about being a men’s style blogger?

Honestly? The biggest struggle I’ve ran into is the lack of community in the men’s blogging world. We’re few and far between, and while I love my female comrades it’s hard to lean on them for help with referrals and collaborations.




How would you describe your style?

Laid back and casual.

What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?

Working on the blog has turned into a full time gig for me. If I’m not working on a post or editing photos I’m scheduling out social media posts, replying to e-mails, or working on a side project. Otherwise I do work as a freelance writer and event planner.

We love that you’re setting the trend and opening the door for more guys to be comfortable sharing their style. What advice would you give to another man (or anyone) who is interested in starting his own blog? 

Just do it. You can plan all you want, but I can guarantee you’ll never be able to plan for what you’ll run into while trying to blog.





What is your favorite style to see on female fashion bloggers? Any girl fashion do's and dont's?

I actually love women’s fashion more than men’s, that comes from my years of working in retail and helping dress ladies for events, etc. With that being said my favorite style on women ranges from casual to formal, but I follow female bloggers that actually wear what they’re trying to sell. I think that rings true as far as do’s and dont’s as well. 

Wear what YOU want cause that’s what you’re going to look good in, and don’t wear something just because it’s on “trend” or because everyone else is. 


Be sure to stop by the Kentucky Gent and read more about Josh here.

What are your favorite men's styles?

No comments:

Post a Comment