Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Favorite Everyday Wear


I work for a creative solutions group where we specialize in exhibit design and signage and graphics and one of my favorite (non-work related) perks is the laid back dress code. Casual attire is pretty typical for many marketing and advertising agencies, especially in the city, but my co-workers take it to a new level of comfort. 

Most of my male co-workers, depending on the weather, show up in shorts or jeans and t-shirts or hoodies because they are often working in the warehouse, assembling a booth or on rare occasions, answering emails at their desks. To give you an even better idea of the relaxed style, my boss showed up last summer in his swim trunks…perhaps that was the moment I realized how hard it would be to transition back into pant suits and pencil skirts.


 With that said, I still try to keep things more on the side of business casual (if business casual allowed jeans, that is). There are occasional days where I wear leggings and a long tunic or a zip-up if I’m just giving zero f’s that day, but I find that I feel better about myself and my day in general when I look put together. 



My typical uniform consists of jeans (distressed, dark wash and white are my go-to's), a blouse or sweater (any other office friends always freezing at work!?), and flats or sandals in the summer. Yes, there are days where glasses replace contacts and hair goes in a bun but I prefer to do my hair and makeup as normal, not to mention, I often have plans after work so it makes sense to be ready to transition for evening activities. 



Top: Nordstrom (old) (similar) | Jeans: Old Navy (almost identical) | Shoes: Target (similar) | Bag: Old Navy (similar)
Sunnies: Target | Necklace: H&M (similar) | Lip color: Loved Up by Butter London


What does your everyday wear consist of?

No comments:

Post a Comment