Tuesday, November 15, 2016

An Unexpected Fall


This has been one of my favorite Fall seasons to date. We have been blessed with endless sunshine, unseasonably warm temperatures and foliage colors only otherwise seen in our dreams (as seen here). Is it so wrong to wish this current state of bliss would stay forever? I'll even settle for just a little bit longer, I'm just not ready to say goodbye and start wearing a winter coat...


Maybe it's the weather or maybe it's just expanding horizons, but the season has felt different for a few other reasons: 1) I trained for a half-marathon and against all my negative thoughts about it (you're not ready, you haven't trained enough, etc.), I happily crossed the finish line with my co-workers and felt an immense sense of pride. After (A LOT) of brunch pizza and mimosas, I even thought about doing it again someday ;) When I got home that afternoon, I was more sore than I have ever experienced...I couldn't even move and fell asleep almost immediately. But in the days that followed, I just kept thinking -- the way my body feels is just a reminder that I did it.

2) I spent time actually watching baseball on TV and haven't dedicated a second to the Bears. In years past, we used to join my Family for Sunday football and extreme amounts of comfort food which I always enjoyed...but it's just felt too nice to sit inside for hours upon end in this extended Summer. Even stranger, as a Sox fan, I even began to root for the Cubs, so thrilled with the excitement and passion that united Chicago, as we're dealing with doom and gloom all too often. It was a really nice, welcome distraction.



3) I started to indulge in a longtime love for graphic design. I've always been a font-obsessed nazi who believes an entire poster or invitation can be changed with one click of the mouse but only now, am I taking action to make those feelings productive and enhance my responsibilities at work through training and daily practice. 




SHOP THE LOOK:



But there's a few things that haven't changed at all...indulging in pumpkin spice everything, a love for army green accents, snapping (way too many) photos of the magical leaves and feeling thrilled when 93.9 flips the Christmas switch. After all, there's still so much joy to come...


What has made this Fall memorable for you? 
Wearing:

Top: Nordstrom Rack
Jeans: J Brand Jeans
Jacket: Old Navy
Booties: Just Fab (similar)
Bag: c/o Sole Society (similar)
Hat: Target (similar)
Necklace: House of Gemmes (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment